Terms & Conditions of NESSR Adoption. Anyone wanting to adopt a NESSR dog will have to sign and agree to abide by these
I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ABOVE DOG AND GUARANTEE THAT I WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS OF ADOPTION:
1. The dog will not, under any circumstances, be used for breeding, research, dog fighting or for the purposes of financial gain.
2. The dog will be properly housed with ample living space, clean, warm and dry sleeping quarters.
3. The dog will receive appropriate daily exercise and will not be allowed to roam loose unattended. It will wear a collar with an identity disc stating my name, address and telephone number. (This is now a legal requirement).
4. The dog will be properly fed and receive such grooming and veterinary or other attention as to maintain it in good health and physical condition.
5. The dog will not be chained/tied up, confined in a small space or left for prolonged periods without attention.
6. The dog will not be handled harshly, receive excessive physical punishment nor be maltreated in any way whatsoever. ALL training this will be by humane methods and in accordance with the above.
7. The dog will not be sold, given away or released into the care of other person/s except for short term purposes during holiday/illness. IF FOR ANY REASON THE DOG CAN NO LONGER BE KEPT, IT MUST ONLY BE RETURNED TO SPRINGER SPANIEL RESCUE and handed over to an identified member of the organisation.
8. The dog will not be destroyed unless absolutely necessary to prevent suffering from injury or terminal illness and if destruction is necessary, this will be certified as necessary and carried out by a practising Veterinary Surgeon.
I ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF ADOPTION:
1. I will provide NESSR with any information about the dog which they may request whilst it is in my care. I will allow identified members of the NESSR to visit the dog to ascertain it’s progress, condition etc: whilst it is in my care.
2. If the dog becomes involved in any legal prosecution I will immediately advise NESSR.
I ALSO UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1. Under normal circumstances NESSR will not supply registration or other documentation for the above dog, except, a document of vaccination if available.
2. Whilst NESSR have taken reasonable precautions to ensure physical and mental soundness of the above dog, this is not a guaranteed. All dogs obtained from NESSR have lived in NESSR homes before adoption.
3. If I fall breach of the above conditions the dog must be returned without delay or question into the care of NESSR.
4. Any donation is used towards NESSR’s costs and is not refundable.